As a budget shopper, I’m always looking for loyalty/reward programs that will benefit me the most in the future. The only problem is that there’s so many programs out there, it can be overwhelming on which ones to join and which ones to pass.
Here are my top 10 Reward/Loyalty Programs to join:
- Amazon Student: It’s totally FREE. The benefit it includes is Free 2-day shipping on items stocked by Amazon with no MINIMUM order size. Even if your order is only $5.99, you still receive free 2-day shipping. As long as you’re still a student, you can sign-up and start receiving this perk. The only downside is that your student membership only last for a year.
- Off 5th More Card: If you love designer clothing, but hate the price tag then this membership is for you. It’s totally free and you receive so many excellent coupons weekly ranging from 40% one item to 25% off your entire purchase. In addition, I receive Mystery Money coupons that are worth at least $10. The last time I receive this coupon I used it on a pair of Havianas and paid only $3 including tax. The store carries a ton of designer brands ranging from See by Chloe to Ray Bans to Alice & Olivia and so much more.
- Sephora Beauty Insider: This is a designer makeup junkies heaven. Sephora carries many top brands including Stila, Urban Decay, Philosophy, and many others. With the Beauty Insider program, you receive 1 point for every dollar you spend which you can use towards deluxe samples once you reach 100 points. The best part of the program is the Friends and Family event when you get a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase. This is awesome because it’s so rare to find so many of the brands that Sephora sales, on sale at other stores and here you’re getting a coupon for 20% off. In addition, they give out a $15 gift card in Dec., but you usually have to spend a minimum of $35 before you get the $15 off. My favorite thing is the birthday gift. By being a member, you’re eligible to receive a free birthday gift such as lipgloss or shower gel depending on the year. This gift is completely free with no purchase necessary in-store
- Ulta Rewards: This program is perfect for people who love to use drugstore cosmetic brands such as Revlon or Covergirl. Though the store does sale high end brands like Smashbox and Urban Decay, it’s drugstore make-up brands are usually cheaper than going to Wal-Mart or Target. I find that if you wait for a sale such as Buy 1 get 1 50% or Buy 2 get 1 Free, and stack with a coupon such as 20% off your entire purchase or $3.50 off $10, you can end up with a huge bargain. I subscribe to InStyle Magazine and the magazine sometimes has coupons for Ulta for $5 of $10. Their reward programs is similar to Sephora in that $1 equals to 1 pt. Instead of waiting to reach 100pts, you only need to earn 50 points to get your reward here. Reward have different levels, so check online to see what each level has to offer. Also, Ulta tends to do a lot of Gift With Purchase on their cosmetics whether it be Burts Bee, Maybelline, or even Stila.
- Kroger Plus Card: If there’s a Kroger nearby you, make sure you sign up for one of these. Kroger has partnered up with Shell and so for every 100 points you earn, you receive $0.10 off of Shell’s gas price. If you earn 1000 points, you receive $1 off Shell’s gas price. Every dollar you spend at Krogers helps you gain 1 point. In addition, being a plus card member, you recieve additional savings in store on certain grocery items depending on the week and sometimes coupons are even sent to you in the mail for free stuff such as eggs or butter.
- Borders Rewards: I love Borders. By being a member, I receive a coupon every week ranging from 20%-40% off one item in the store. I’m a bookworm, so this allows me to get the latest fictional hit at a more reasonable price. In addition, for every $150 you spend, you receive $10 in Border Bucks that can be used towards anything. I also receive discounts through email for online companies that Borders partners with. There’s two programs, but I’m satisfied with the free one.
- Starbucks Rewards: Hi, I’m a caffeine addict and Starbucks fuels my addiction. Their rewards program includes: free refills on certain teas/coffees, complimentary drink on your birthday, and if you get enough stars to become a gold member, free drink after every 15 drinks. In addition to all of this, I sometimes receive coupons to try out new products for free. The way to sign up for this program is to purchase a Starbucks Gift Card and register it online. My favorite is the Mini card, because I can hook it on to a key chain and always have it with me.
- GGP Mall The Club: Use the locator to see if there is a GGP mall next to you and join The Club. The Club is free and members receive weekly e-newsletter that tells you about the latest events/sales happening at your mall. Every once in a while, I receive an email for a free $10 gift card to use at the mall plus a local store such as Charlotte Russe will partner and you’ll receive an additional $10 gift card from that particular store. That’s $20 worth of free shopping money. There’s no catch and all you had to do is print out the email to get your free gift cards.
- Victoria’s Secrets Pink Nation: Love the cute panties in Victoria’s Secret’s Pink line, then this is the club for you. By being a member of Pink Nation, you get exclusive freebies and discounts. My favorite discount is the 10 panties for $25. In addition, you get to be the first to try out new products such as lotions or perfumes.
- Local Library Card: This last one isn’t really a rewards program, but it’s definitely something everyone should be a member of. I love my library card. I go to my local library at least once a week to find movies, books, and even magazines. My library lets me check out the latest issues of Vogue, People, Entertainment Weekly, Glamour, and more without having to pay anything. In addition, I get a chance to check out old movies such as All about Eve or La Dolce Vita while putting myself on a wait-list to get the last films or TV shows such as Glee or The King’s Speech. Check out your local library and sign up for card. You might be surprise at what items your library stocks.
These are my favorite programs to join. Tell me some of yours.
As Always, Happy Shopping!