Every once in a while, you just need a day of rest and relaxation. I wish I could go to a spa, but the price just isn’t worth it to me. Here’s how to bring the spa home to you:
- Bath Bombs (if you plan to take a bath): My favorite is the Pink Bath Bomb from Lush.
- Aromatherapy Oil (if you plan to take a shower)
- Facial Cleanser: I use Cetaphil Facial Cleanser because it doesn’t irritate my skin & is only $8.49
- Sugar Scrub: You can either make one with recipe this from Lauren Conrad: Lemon Scrub, or you can purchase one at The Body Shop on sale now for $10.
- Hair Wrap: This is the band that I use.
- Face Mask: My favorite mask to use is the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. The scent of mint is so nice and this makes my face feel super soft after and it’s only $3.99.
- Gel-eye mask: At $5, I like that these are in the shape of cucumbers and can be reused.
- Cozy Socks: I stock up on these socks from Bath & Body Works when the go on sale for under $4.
- Spa Gloves: At $6, these will help keep your hands soft
- Body Cream: Pick a scent you like. You’ll be using this moisture your legs, hands, and body.
- Ped Egg: I love it. It gets rid of my calluses & my feet are super smooth. It’s on sale for $6.
- Clear your schedule for the day. Your spa day is for you to relax and pamper yourself. Turn off anything that could be a nuisance such as your cell phone or computer.
- Make sure your bathroom and living room are neat and clean for your spa day. If it’s messy, you’ll get frustrated trying to find everything that you need.
- Play some relaxing music
- Take a bath or a shower. If you’re taking a bath, add a bath bomb. If you’re taking a shower, spray a bit of aromatherapy oils against the shower wall and inhale the scent.
- Exfoliate your skin with a sugar scrub. It will make your dull skin come to life and super soft.
- After your shower/bath, moisture your body with a good body cream.
- Put your hair back using a spa wrap to keep the hair off your face.
- Wash your face with a facial cleanser.
- Apply the mask to your face
- While your mask is drying, you can add a gel eye masks. The coolness of the get will refresh your face and reduce the puffiness in your eyes. Just refrigerate an hour before use.
- After the mask is off, use a Ped Egg to remove the calluses from your feet.
- Moisture your hands and feet. Use a rich body cream or butter.
- Add a pair of socks/gloves so your hands and feet can soak in the moisture.
- Now sit back and relax. Enjoy a movie or curl up with a book you’ve been dying to read.
How do you relax?
As always, Happy Shopping!