Do you have any old college/concert/vacations shirts lying around? I have a bunch from my old alma mater, but I just can’t seem to part with them. Now I’m going to make them into reusable totes after I stumbled across this DIY from College Candy
Instructions from the site:
- Old T-shirt
- Needle & Thread or Sewing Machine
- Lay your t-shirt on a flat surface and smooth it out.
- Cut off the sleeves on both sides, taking care to leave the seam in place as it will make your tote more durable.
- Cut the neck of the tee in a semicircle shape to make the opening bigger.
- Turn the shirt inside out and sew across the bottom to seal the bag. (You can sew over it again to make it stronger.)
- Turn the shirt right-side out
- Sew along the edges (where the sleeves were) to make them straight, or you can keep them frayed.
What do you do with your old t-shirts?
As always, Happy Shopping!