After readings so many good reviews about the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, I decided to try it.
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Previously, I used the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer, but it didn’t really do much for me. I decided on getting the original photo finish. I purchased this product as part of a gift set from Ulta. It retails for $32, and right now at Ulta, you get a free travel size with the purchase of a full size one.
- It made my face feel super silky. I love that my face felt so soft right once I let it set on my face.
- It did allow me to put on my tinted moisturizer more easily compared to normal.
- The smell. I can’t really stand the smell of the product. I don’t know if I purchased a bad batch or something, but the smell reminds me of gasoline.
- It didn’t really cover my blemishes as well as I had hope.
- It was a little greasy on my face, but once it set then my skin felt silky.
- The price. It’s kind of high in my opinion, so I’ll only purchase it if it comes in a gift set or as gift with purchase.
Overall, the product was decent. It did help my make-up application a bit. If you have the money to spend on it, then I recommend this primer compared to a drugstore brand. If not, I think you can probably skip it.
Do you use a primer for your makeup?
As always, Happy Shopping!