I love a good bargain especially when I can buy items in bulk at a discounted price. I tend to stock up on beauty products when I ever I spot a good deal, but recently I’ve realized that it’s not exactly the best thing to do.
Here’s what I’ve learn to stock-up on and to not:
- Chapstick/Lip Balm: Unless there’s an expiration date on the bottom of the tube, these products tend to last for quite a while. Once you use it, it should last for at least 1-2 years
- Lipstick: Like lip balm, this product is fine to stock up on too. It’ll generally last for 1-2 years too once used.
- Powder Eyeshadow: This should last for two years once open and can last in their packaging for pretty long without opening.
- Powder Blush: Like powder eyeshadow, this will last for about two years too.
- Liquid Soap: When ever Bath and Body Works has their sale, I stock up on the antibacterial soap when it gets down to less than $2. All you have to do is check the expiration date.
- Moisturizer: So far, my facial moisturizer hasn’t spoiled and it’s been a year since I purchased it and finally opened it.
- Mascara: Once I spotted a good sale on mascara, after 6-10 months, I was finally ready to use them. I was so bummed to find out that the mascara had spoiled and couldn’t be used. So only purchase mascara, if you plan to use it right within the next 2-3 weeks.
- Lip gloss: I tend to do a lot of bonus times, so I end up with a lot of mini lip glosses. The only problem is when I’m ready to use the lip glosses after a coupon of months, the colors have changed and the lip gloss separated.
- Cream Eyeshadow/Blush: These tend to dry out pretty quickly once you open them, so when you open it, use it right away before it turns crusty and dry.
- Make-up Wipes: I love make-up wipes because they’re a fast way to get my face feeling fresh and clean. The open problem is they tend to dry out quickly.
Do you stock up on your beauty purchases?
As always, Happy Shopping!
For the next two weeks, I’ll only be posting on M/W.