Today, I received my April 2014 Golden Tote! I was so excited, since it was my first time trying it out!
Golden Tote is a different kind of subscription service. You can choose whether or not you want to participate each month.
How it works: There’s two types of bags to choose from. The $49 bag lets you select one item, and you receive an additional one to two items as a surprise. The $149 bag lets you select two items, and you receive an additional five to seven items as a surprise.
Cost: $49/$149 plus shipping
In addition to picking out the two items, you also fill out a style profile with questions asking you size, dislikes, what stores you like, etc..
The only major con, is that Golden Tote is an “all or nothing” bag, so you either have to keep everything or return the whole bag. I found through facebook a Golden Tote Group that allows you to trade/sell, so what you might not like might be someone’s else taste and vice versa.
I decided to go for the plunge and do the $149 bag, and I’m glad I did! In additional, all of the items come in the above tote bag. This design is new for April due to the collaboration with Woo.
- Playful Zebra Blouse – I love this blouse. It’s super soft, and I can’t wait to wear it to wear. I’ll probably wear it by itself or with a tank underneath. The print is also cute.
- Lace Brocade Dress – This item was missing from my bag, so I’ll keep you updated on what Golden Tote does.
- Woo Lace Raglan Top- Probably one of my favorite items, I love how this top is both casual and dressy at the same time. Also, Woo was the designer in collaboration for this tote.
- Black Cami– This cami came as a bonus item to go underneath the Woo Lace Top
- In Clover Blouse – I really like this blouse, but it was just too short. I’m still on the fence on whether or not I want to keep it.
- Super B Embroidered Tank: I like this tank, but it was just too small for me.
- Priddy by Puella Dress– I love this dress. It’s so comfortable, and I can’t wait to wear it until summer.
Overall, I love a majority of my bag. I hope to get my Lace Dress soon.
If you’re interested, you can sign up here!