I’ve recently started collecting cookbooks, in hopes that I can actually learn how to cook from them. In addition, they make beautiful coffee table books.
While browsing, I noticed that many chefs will actually autograph/personalized their books for you. Most of the time, the prices are the same if you were to purchase it retail. These will make perfect gifts for the chefs/foodies in your life.
Here are my picks:
- It’s All Good – Gwyneth Paltrow from Goop.com
- You can choose from either It’s All Good or her first cookbook My Father’s Daughter. Both books retail for $55 each, which is more than retail, but it is personalized by Gwyneth Paltrow. This book would be perfect for the celebrity fanatic or Gwyneth Paltrow fan in your life. It’s All Good focuses more on healthier recipes for a better diet, while My Father’s Daughter has more traditional recipes. There is also a shipping fee.
- Recipes From My Home Kitchen – Christine Ha from Brazos Bookstore
- If you watch MasterChef, then you should know this name! Christine Ha was the amazing and inspiring blind chef who won! I actually received this cookbook as a gift, and I love it. It has a range of recipes from Asian to Italian. It retails for $23.99 including an autograph, and if you can wait a month, it can even be personalized with your recipient’s name. There is also a shipping fee.
- Everyday Italian – Giada De Laurentis from her website
- If you’re a fan of Food Network, then you’ll definitely recognize this chef! From her website, you can choose from this book or any of her other books, and all books ordered will be autographed personally by Giada. My favorite is the Everyday Italian, since there are a variety of recipes and many seem pretty doable. The books retail for about $36 and includes shipping.
- Ad Hoc by Thomas Keller from TKRG.com
- Thomas Keller is probably one of the best chefs in the US, most famously known for his restaurants the French Laundry, Per se, and Bouchon. His cookbook Ad Hoc is based from his restaurant Ad Hoc. Ad Hoc is known for its comfort food, and their famous fried chicken. You can order this book directly from the website, in addition to Bouchon Bakery for $50, and both books will be signed personally by Chef Keller. There is a shipping fee though, and the price is just for the book, not the chalkboard box.
Though you can probably find these books cheaper elsewhere, I feel the personalization makes it just a little bit more special.
As always, Happy Shopping!